Saturday 19 April 2014

20 Mar 2014 - Turtle ships at Gangguan harbour


I left Dongpirang Village and walked back to 강구안 Gangguan Habour.
You got to buy admission ticket to go on board the turtle ships even though they were only replicas.
Although these were only replicas of the famous navel vessel that defended Korea from Japanese invasion on numerous occasions, I was still very happy that I can finally get to see them ㅎㅎㅎ  I think there were 3 or 4 of them.
Captain Room.
First Mate Room.


A view of the habour from the turtle ship.

Bottom deck.
The steps down to the bottom deck were pretty steep and narrow. 
치료실.  Cure room??
Something like a treatment room I supposed.
The area was very small.
How did the ancient people cope if there were a lot of sick or injured soldiers?
Ooopppss...The little boy in the picture is real ㅋㅋㅋ




                           
It says, "Officer Room".
This turtle ship has an Officer Room and a Captain's Cabin.
This is the Captain Cabin.
You can access to the top deck using this stairway.
This is the bottom deck of another turtle ship.


This turtle ship was slightly different from the other three cos it had metal spikes at the top of the ship. Got to conserve my battery for dinner time! ㅎㅎㅎ It was almost 5pm. Time to make my way to the restaurant that I wanted to go for dinner, which was about 5 mins walk. Yes...food again...my fifth "meal' for the day including an ice cream at Jangsado. I was not hungry at all but I wanted to try as much local cuisine as I could.
See the two arrows? That's the place I wanted to go for dinner. I saw the restaurant by chance when I was peeping out from one of the turtle ship. Actually, both signage are referring to the same restaurant, 대풍관. However, I think the red arrow is not the actual place, it was just a signage. The blue arrow is the actual place, located somewhere behind the signage where the red arrow is pointing. Ermmm..you understand what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment